Fill the Need for Expert Healthcare Providers as a Family Nurse Practitioner
The need for highly knowledgeable healthcare professionals is steadily rising. Family nurse practitioners complete comprehensive training to ensure they’re ready to deliver the quality, compassionate care that will fill this need.
- Nurse practitioner careers are expected to be the second fastest growing profession between 2019 and 2029.1
- Employment of nurse practitioners and other advanced practice nurses is expected to grow 45 percent by 2029.2
- An increase in demand will result in 117,700 new jobs between 2019 and 2029.2
As an FNP, you’ll meet the growing demand for nurse practitioners while providing expert, compassionate care to individuals and groups across the lifespan. Carlow’s comprehensive MSN FNP program will prepare you to become a well rounded, board-certified nurse practitioner.
Family Nurse PRactitioner
Family nurse practitioners serve as primary or specialized healthcare providers. They assess patients, guide them to make healthier choices and manage chronic problems. A family nurse practitioner can work with families, elderly patients and children in chronic or urgent care settings.
Additional NP careers:
- Nurse Case Manager
- Nurse Researcher
- Academic Faculty
- Public Health Nurse Practitioner
Request More Information
We’d love to hear from you. Fill out the form, and we’ll be in touch shortly to learn more about your goals and how we can help.
All fields required
Program Outcomes: Specialized Clinical Skills for Your Family Nurse Practitioner Career
When you complete this program, you’ll be able to:
- Assess, treat, counsel and monitor individual and family healthcare.
- Provide prescriptions, order tests, refer patients and treat non-life-threatening conditions.
- Make medical diagnoses, develop comprehensive treatment plans for patients and manage patients’ chronic health conditions.
- Evaluate and modify approaches to healthcare delivery using principles of continuous quality improvement.
- Supervise a healthcare team.
- Collaborate as a member of an interdisciplinary team.
- Conduct medical research.
- Develop patient education programs.
- Engage with policymakers to further the interests of patients and the nursing profession.
Advancing your career as a nurse practitioner is quite an undertaking, but our team of instructors and our diverse student community is ready to help you succeed.
Carlow has strong relationships with local area hospitals and health organizations to help you secure clinical placements and full-time jobs, as well as tuition discounts.
Career Planning Services
Carlow provides career advising sessions, career-related programming, job search support and employer engagement on and off campus.
Our faculty are well connected and have years of experience in healthcare and nursing. They’re prepared to help you find your path and introduce you to others who can help.
A Caring Network
Our diverse community of students embodies the values of the Sisters of Mercy. Our alumni network and current students are ready to support each other in their careers.