Become a Compassionate, Capable Healthcare Provider by Earning an MSN FNP Online
Gain the comprehensive clinical knowledge, training and confidence necessary to become a highly qualified FNP in Carlow’s CCNE-accredited Master of Science in Nursing Family (Individual Across the Lifespan) Nurse Practitioner program.
Learn More Today
Complete the form to learn more about this program.
Gain Comprehensive Clinical Skills with an Online MSN FNP from Carlow
Rooted in the traditions and values of the Sisters of Mercy, the CCNE-accredited MSN FNP program has a reputation for producing some of the region’s most highly qualified and well prepared board-certified nurses. Carlow’s graduates have had 98-100 percent board certification pass rates over the past three years. The degree requires 600 hours of clinical experience, ensuring you are not just competent but confident in your ability to deliver ethical and compassionate patient-centered care upon completion.
Students graduate in an average of two and a half years ready to sit for AANP or ANCC national board certification. You will be able to become licensed earlier than students at other universities that require completion of a Doctor of Nursing Practice degree before allowing students to sit for board certification.
For learners seeking a higher degree, the program offers a streamlined process into Carlow’s DNP program. Carlow also offers an FNP certificate for nurses who already have an MSN.
The MSN Family Nurse Practitioner program is also available on campus.
Our rigorous yet flexible program is taught by expert faculty who are still practicing in their fields and prepares you to be a successful and impactful board-certified family nurse practitioner. You’ll complete 24 classes totaling 49 credit hours and 600 clinical hours.Explore Curriculum
- Assess, treat, counsel and monitor individual and family healthcare.
- Provide prescriptions, order tests, refer patients and treat non-life-threatening conditions.
- Make medical diagnoses, develop comprehensive treatment plans for patients and manage patients’ chronic health conditions.
- Supervise a healthcare team.
- Conduct medical research.
- Develop patient education programs.
- Engage with policymakers to further the interests of patients and the nursing profession.
The demand for qualified nurse practitioners is high. Employment of nurse practitioners and other advanced practice nurses is expected to grow 45 percent by 2029, resulting in the creation of 117,700 new jobs.1 You’ll graduate prepared to meet this need and impact lives.Explore Careers
To apply for the online MSN FNP program, you’ll need:
- A completed application.
- Official transcripts from all degree-granting institutions you have attended.
- Personal essay that describes your academic objectives.
- Current resume or curriculum vitae.
- Two letters of recommendation (one must be from a supervisor) that address your leadership potential and ability to succeed in graduate-level work.
- A current, valid and unrestricted license as a registered nurse.
- Completed an approved undergraduate statistics course.
- One year of bedside nursing experience.
- An undergraduate GPA of 3.00 or higher is preferred; however, provisional admission is also possible if you do not meet all of the admission criteria but exhibit a strong possibility of academic success. No GRE or GMAT required.
Once your application is received, the program director will schedule an interview with you.Learn More
The online MSN FNP consists of 49 credit hours and costs $918 per credit hour.
Our team is committed to making your education affordable. We’re here to provide any help you need as you pursue your MSN degree.View Tuition Details
Our responsive faculty and supportive community care deeply for students and work hard to help you meet your goals. With the assistance of a dedicated program-level faculty adviser, you’ll prepare to grow your healthcare career.Meet Our Faculty
When you join the Carlow family, you get an experienced and compassionate team dedicated to your personal and professional growth. Online learning at Carlow offers the flexibility you need while connecting you to a vibrant, close-knit and supportive community of instructors and learners.Discover Carlow Online
We understand that pursuing higher education is an investment. Carlow’s staff is always available to answer questions and connect you to resources for loans, grants, scholarships and employer benefits.Find Out More
Frequently Asked Questions
Explore our frequently asked questions for in-depth answers. If you don’t find what you’re looking for, reach out to us.
Yes. Students visit Carlow’s campus for a four-day residency.
Yes. Our program is CCNE accredited.
To apply for the program, submit your application, transcripts and proof of a current, active, valid and unrestricted nursing license, along with any other required information. Find out more about the application process.