Learning Online With Carlow
We offer accessible and reliable technology resources to keep you connected to your coursework and the Carlow community.
You will have access to the following resources:
- Email: You will be provided with a Carlow email account. This is the preferred communication method with your instructors.
- WebAdvisor: WebAdvisor is where you will register for your classes, check your grades and find other important information related to classes.
- MyPortal: MyPortal keeps you up-to-date with campus activities, policies, services and other resources.
- CelticOnline: This is our official learning management system. It’s a web-based platform that allows for collaboration.
- Carlow Help! Services: Available 24/7 to help you with any questions or challenges you may have with technology resources.
You’ll need access to a device that connects to the internet. Many students own their devices, while others use public-access computers. We recommend a personal laptop so that you can study wherever you are, whenever it’s convenient for you.
|Internet Access||Connection speed should be at least 10 Mbps. We recommend a fixed-point, high-speed connection, although satellite and mobile broadband may suffice.|
|Operating System||Windows 10 or latest Mac OS|
|Anti-Virus||Windows Defender or equivalent|
|Possible Additional Hardware|
|Possible Additional Software and Applications||Available to Carlow students free of charge:|
If you have any questions about technology, call us at 855-511-6450 or request more information.