Become a Knowledgeable Women’s Healthcare Provider in Carlow’s WHNP Program
Gain the comprehensive clinical knowledge, training and confidence necessary to become a highly qualified WHNP in Carlow’s CCNE-accredited Master of Science in Nursing Women’s Health Nurse Practitioner program.
Learn More Today
Complete the form to learn more about this program.
Gain Comprehensive Clinical Skills with an Online MSN WHNP
Develop the specialized skills necessary to provide compassionate care with confidence as a women’s health nurse practitioner. The needs of female patients are unique across the lifespan and require healthcare professionals who are highly knowledgeable and trained. Carlow’s rigorous WHNP program readies you to be a clinical expert who meets the growing need for women’s healthcare professionals.
Students graduate from the MSN WHNP program in an average of two and a half years ready to sit for NCC national board certification or pursue an advanced degree such as a DNP or PhD. You will be able to become licensed earlier than students at other universities that require completion of a Doctor of Nursing Practice degree before allowing students to sit for board certification. With a 100 percent board certification pass rate since the program’s inception, Carlow’s program has a reputation for preparing nurses to be competitive and competent in the field.
If you plan to seek a higher degree, Carlow offers a streamlined process into the DNP program. If you already have an MSN, explore our WHNP post-master’s certificate.
Our rigorous yet flexible program is taught by expert faculty who are still practicing in their fields and prepares you to be a successful and impactful board-certified women’s health nurse practitioner. You’ll complete 24 online classes totaling 49 credit hours and 600 clinical hours along with a brief, hands-on residency on Carlow’s campus.Explore Curriculum
To complete this program you’ll be able to:
- Assess, treat, counsel and monitor women’s healthcare.
- Provide prescriptions, order tests, refer patients and treat non-life-threatening conditions.
- Make medical diagnoses, develop comprehensive treatment plans for patients and manage patients’ chronic health conditions.
- Supervise a healthcare team.
- Conduct medical research.
- Develop patient education programs.
- Engage with policymakers to further the interests of patients and the nursing profession.
The demand for qualified nurse practitioners is high. Employment of nurse practitioners and other advanced practice nurses is expected to grow 45 percent by 2029, resulting in the creation of 117,700 new jobs.1 You’ll graduate prepared to meet this need and impact lives.Explore Careers
To apply for the WHNP program, you’ll need:
- A completed application.
- A BSN from an accredited college or university.
- A minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Official copies of all undergraduate and graduate college transcripts.
- A current, unrestricted RN license from a state with which Carlow has a state board-affiliated approval.
- Undergraduate statistics course with a grade of C or better.
- One year of bedside nursing experience.
- A current résumé or curriculum vitae (CV).
- Two letters of recommendation. Applicants need a supervisory reference requirement listed with the letters of recommendation.
- A personal statement.
Those applying to online programs that lead to licensure must be aware of their home states’ professional licensure requirements.Learn More
The online WHNP program consists of 49 credit hours and costs $918 per credit hour.
Our team is committed to making your education affordable. We’re here to provide any help you need as you pursue your MSN degree.View Tuition Details
Our responsive faculty and supportive community care deeply for students and work hard to help you meet your goals. With the assistance of a dedicated program-level faculty adviser, you’ll prepare to grow your healthcare career.Meet Our Faculty
When you join the Carlow family, you get an experienced and compassionate team dedicated to your personal and professional growth. Online learning at Carlow offers the flexibility you need while connecting you to a vibrant, close-knit and supportive community of instructors and learners.Discover Carlow Online
We understand that pursuing higher education is an investment. Carlow’s staff is always available to answer questions and connect you to resources for loans, grants, scholarships and employer benefits.Find Out More
Frequently Asked Questions
Explore our frequently asked questions for in-depth answers. If you don’t find what you’re looking for, reach out to us.
Yes. Students visit Carlow’s campus for a four-day residency.
Yes. Our program is CCNE accredited.
To apply for the program, submit your application, transcripts and proof of a current, active, valid and unrestricted nursing license, along with any other required information. Find out more about the application process.