Prepare for High-Level Social Work Careers
For many licensed clinical social workers looking to open their own practice, lead an agency and advocate for change within their field, understanding ethical and effective business principles is essential to accomplishing these career goals. Leadership positions will be plentiful as the social work profession expands.
- Employment of social workers is projected to grow 13 percent from 2019 to 20291
- 90,700 new jobs will be created between 2019 and 20291
- Dual preparation in business and social work readies students to lead in this expanding field
As the need for social workers continues to grow, the opportunity to pursue high-level social work careers and entrepreneurship will require business and social work competency. Carlow’s dual MSW – MBA degree program uniquely prepares students to achieve success in the social work field through a unique mix of in-demand skills.
Health Services Manager
Health service managers are responsible for planning and coordinating the business functions of a healthcare organization. Master’s degrees are a common requirement for the role.
Social and Community Service Manager
Social and community service managers oversee programs that promote the well-being of the public, often working for nonprofit organizations or social service companies.
Additional social work careers for graduates of Carlow’s dual degree program include the following:
- Licensed social worker
- Casework supervisor
- Nonprofit director
- Sole practitioner
Request More Information
We’d love to hear from you. Fill out the form, and we’ll be in touch shortly to learn more about your goals and how we can help.
All fields required
The Skills You Need for In-Demand Social Work Careers
- Effectively lead in management roles
- Understand finance
- Use research-informed, critical problem solving and decision-making methodology
- Work as a professional social worker and apply for licensure
- Understand employment law
- Incorporate business and social work knowledge, skills and ethics to operate a private practice or to take a leadership role in an organization
Advancing your social work and management career is quite an undertaking, but our team of instructors and our diverse student community is ready to help you succeed.