Prepare for an Impactful and In-Demand Career in Social Work
The demand for social workers, crisis workers and public advocates is on the rise and projected to grow over the next decade. Meet the need and make a difference with a Master of Social Work from Carlow University.
- Employment of social workers is expected to grow 13 percent between 2019 and 20291
- This growth will result in the creation of 90,700 new jobs by 20291
Our hybrid program readies students with the advanced skills, practical field hours and knowledge necessary to enter the field with a trauma-focused approach to effecting positive change. With two specializations, the MSW degree can result in diverse social work careers inside and outside of a clinical setting and prepares you to sit for licensure.
Clinical Social Worker
Clinical social workers help patients and their families by assessing and addressing emotional and behavioral issues through therapy and other interventions. A master’s degree is required, as well as licensing. Our Direct Practice specialization helps prepare you for this role.
Nonprofit Executive Director
Nonprofit executive directors lead nonprofit organizations. They are responsible for guiding the vision and oversee funding and everyday operations, as well as staff. Our Macro Practice specialization helps prepare you for this role.
Additional careers in social work:
- Healthcare social worker
- Behavioral health therapist across the lifespan
- School social worker
- Mental health and substance use social worker
- Nonprofit program manager
- Community advocate
- Grant writer
- Policy analyst
Request More Information
We’d love to hear from you. Fill out the form, and we’ll be in touch shortly to learn more about your goals and how we can help.
All fields required
Program Outcomes: Dynamic Skills for Diverse Social Work Careers
When you complete this program, you will be able to:
- Practice as a highly capable social work professional in your chosen advanced specialty.
- Provide competent and compassionate service to clients and the community.
- Demonstrate ethical and reflective leadership as an agent of change for social justice.
- Achieve a level of confidence and preparation to be a sound and skilled social worker.
- Understand trauma and how trauma impacts life.
Advancing your social work career is an exciting endeavor, and our team of instructors and our diverse student community is ready to help you succeed.
MSW Advisory Board
Comprised of current professional social workers, the board provides guidance and networking opportunities to students, including field placement and career connections.
Career Planning Services
Carlow provides career advising sessions, career-related programming, job search support and employer engagement on and off campus.
Our faculty are well-connected and have years of experience in social work. They’re prepared to help you find your path and able to introduce you to others who can help.
A Caring Network
Our diverse community of students embodies the values of the Sisters of Mercy. Our alumni network and current students are ready to support each other in their careers.