Provide In-Demand, Specialized Care as a Women’s Health Nurse Practitioner
Women’s health practitioners serve an essential role. The needs of female patients are unique across the lifespan and require highly knowledgeable, specialized healthcare professionals.
- Nurse practitioners are expected to be the second fastest growing profession between 2019 and 2029.1
- Employment of nurse practitioners and other advanced practice nurses is expected to grow 45 percent by 2029.2
- An increase in demand will result in 117,700 new jobs between 2019 and 2029.2
As a women’s health NP, you’ll meet the growing need for nurse practitioners while providing expert, compassionate care to women at various stages of their lives. Carlow’s comprehensive MSN WHNP program will prepare you to become a well rounded, board-certified nurse practitioner.
Women’s Health Nurse PRactitioner
Women’s health nurse practitioners provide care to females at various points in their lifespan. They can write prescriptions, order tests, refer patients and treat non-life-threatening conditions. Depending on the setting they work in, WHNPs can provide preventative care as well as pregnancy and menopausal care, and they can perform cancer screenings and fertility evaluations. They are trained to counsel patients on contraceptive options and provide care for acute and chronic illnesses affecting women.
WHNPs can work in a variety of settings, including the following:
- Private practices
- OBGYN offices
- Fertility clinics
- Women’s health offices
- Family planning clinics
- Women’s prisons
- Prenatal clinics
Request More Information
We’d love to hear from you. Fill out the form, and we’ll be in touch shortly to learn more about your goals and how we can help.
All fields required
Program Outcomes: Specialized Clinical Skills for Your NP Career
When you complete this program, you’ll be able to:
- Assess, treat, counsel and monitor women’s healthcare.
- Provide prescriptions, order tests, refer patients and treat non-life-threatening conditions.
- Make medical diagnoses, develop comprehensive treatment plans for patients and manage patients’ chronic health conditions.
- Evaluate and modify approaches to healthcare delivery using principles of continuous quality improvement.
- Supervise a healthcare team.
- Collaborate as a member of an interdisciplinary team.
- Conduct medical research.
- Develop patient education programs.
- Engage with policymakers to further the interests of patients and the nursing profession.
Advancing your career as a nurse practitioner is quite an undertaking, but our team of instructors and our diverse student community is ready to help you succeed.
Carlow has strong relationships with local area hospitals and health organizations to help you secure clinical placements and full-time jobs, as well as tuition discounts.
Career Planning Services
Carlow provides career advising sessions, career-related programming, job search support and employer engagement on and off campus.
Our faculty are well connected and have years of experience in healthcare and nursing. They’re prepared to help you find your path and introduce you to others who can help.
A Caring Network
Our diverse community of students embodies the values of the Sisters of Mercy. Our alumni network and current students are ready to support each other in their careers.