Impact the Nursing Profession with Compassion and Expertise
Making immediate and long-term changes for improved patient outcomes requires the input of experienced and highly educated nurses. The demand for nurses in DNP careers is expected to grow.
- According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the employment of advanced practice nurses will grow 26 percent between 2018 and 20281
- The growth will result in the creation of 62,000 advanced practice nursing jobs1
- Advanced practice nurses work at universities, hospitals, outpatient centers and government agencies to positively impact the profession
Carlow’s Doctor of Nursing Practice program provides the skills, training and compassionate support you need to create the ethical change at a systems level that you hope to see in the world and the nursing profession.
Healthcare lobbyists work to influence laws and policies that affect their organizations and healthcare professions.
Chief Nursing Officer
Chief nursing officers oversee nursing practice in a variety of settings. They play a role in the operations and management of major healthcare organizations.
Additional roles for DNP graduates include the following:
- Healthcare manager
- Nurse administrator
- Advanced clinical nurse practitioner
- Clinical researcher
- Director of nursing education
Request More Information
We’d love to hear from you. Fill out the form, and we’ll be in touch shortly to learn more about your goals and how we can help.
All fields required
The Skills You Need to Change Nursing Practice
When you graduate from Carlow’s DNP program, you will have the skills to:
- Complete a quality improvement project, a critical skill needed to enact process and policy change.
- Run a project using appropriate resources and employing evidence-based practices and sound methods of analysis.
- Articulate, debate and advocate for new policy.
- Explore fiscally responsible and sustainable measures for quality improvement in any organization.
- Address the role of population health to improve overall health outcomes.
Advancing your career as a nurse is not easy, but our team of instructors and our diverse student community is ready to help you succeed.