Online MSN: Careers in Nursing Education
Transform the Nursing Education and Leadership Fields
To move into in-demand advanced roles, graduate study is often needed. An MSN with focuses in both education and leadership can open the door to a wide variety of nursing degrees, allowing for more flexibility when navigating your career path.
- Employment of advanced practice nurses is expected to grow 40 percent between 2021 and 20311
- Nurses prepared with dual specialties have access to more career options and opportunities to positively impact care
- Advanced practice nurses work at universities, hospitals, outpatient centers and government agencies
When you graduate from Carlow University’s MSN in Education and Leadership program, you’ll be ready to understand curricula and instruction, advocate for healthcare policy change or pursue a doctorate degree with our accelerated MSN to DNP option.
Nursing instructors teach patient care to nursing students. They often participate in research and other scholarly and community projects as well.
Director of Nursing
Directors of nursing supervise the overall quality and efficiency of care in a variety of settings. They facilitate communication among various stakeholders and provide leadership.
Additional careers in nursing for MSN graduates include the following:
- Nurse manager
- Clinical education manager
- Insurance regional director
- Chief nursing officer
Request More Information
We’d love to hear from you. Fill out the form, and we’ll be in touch shortly to learn more about your goals and how we can help.
All fields required
The Skills You Need for Advanced Nursing Roles
When you complete this program, you’ll be able to:
- Demonstrate leadership necessary for advocating for individuals, families and communities to influence healthcare policy.
- Effectively lead or advocate for a team of nursing professionals.
- Recommend practice changes based on the integration of the evidence with clinical expertise, patient preferences and available healthcare resources.
- Use evidence-based research to inform and determine patient care plans.
- Incorporate ethical, legal and practice standards from professional organizations into everyday practice to enable preparation for certification in a variety of advanced roles.
- Synthesize nursing, medical and other relevant knowledge to engage in evidence-based practice.
Advancing your career as a nurse is quite an undertaking, but our team of instructors and our diverse student community is ready to help you succeed.