Advance Your Nursing Career with a Unique Skill Set
To advance into today’s advanced healthcare management careers, well-rounded expertise is necessary. Preparation in both business and nursing will help you meet the challenges and opportunities of the complex healthcare profession.
- Employment of healthcare managers is expected to grow 32 percent between 2019 and 20291
- Nurses prepared with dual specialties have access to more career options and opportunities to positively impact care
Carlow’s dual MSN – MBA program is robust. Along with two master’s degrees, you’ll also receive a well-rounded education in both nursing education and nursing leadership, allowing you to seamlessly move into advanced healthcare administration careers.
Nurse administrators oversee major decisions in the nursing field, including planning, management and ensuring quality healthcare. Master’s degrees are a common requirement for the role.
Director of Nursing
Directors of nursing supervise the overall quality and efficiency of care in a variety of settings. They facilitate communication among various stakeholders and provide leadership.
Additional healthcare administration careers for graduates include the following:
- Nurse manager
- Academic nurse administrator
- Medical project manager
- Clinical director
Request More Information
We’d love to hear from you. Fill out the form, and we’ll be in touch shortly to learn more about your goals and how we can help.
All fields required
The Nursing and Business Skills Necessary for MSN – MBA Nursing Careers
- Manage effectively, understanding finance and employment law
- Understand the importance of analytics and decision-making methodology
- Incorporate primary, secondary and tertiary levels of prevention efforts in the care of individuals, families and communities
- Demonstrate leadership and interdisciplinary skills in advocating for individuals, families and communities to influence healthcare policy
- Collaborate as a member of an interdisciplinary team with organizations, populations and professional communities
- Evaluate and modify approaches to healthcare delivery using principles of continuous quality improvement
- Assimilate ethical, legal and practice standards from professional organizations into the practice setting to enable preparation for certification in a variety of advanced roles
- Synthesize nursing, medical and other relevant knowledge to engage in evidence-based practice
- Recommend practice changes based on the integration of the evidence with clinical expertise, patient preferences and available healthcare resources
- Demonstrate leadership abilities in practice and actively assist others in professional growth
- Analyze healthcare delivery and finance systems in order to design and implement cost containment and care coordinator strategies
- Employ technology and information systems in the transformation of healthcare delivery
- Develop a foundation for lifelong learning and doctoral studies
Our team of instructors and our diverse student community is ready to help you succeed.
Carlow has strong relationships with local area hospitals and health organizations to help you secure clinical placements and full-time jobs, as well as tuition discounts.
Career Planning Services
Carlow provides career advising sessions, career-related programming, job search support and employer engagement on and off campus.
Our faculty have years of experience in nursing, leadership and healthcare. They’re prepared to help you find your niche.
A Caring Network
Our alumni community and academic practice partners facilitate career networking opportunities.