Lead Ethically While Meeting the Need for Respiratory Care Professionals
The respiratory therapist job outlook is promising. The demand for well trained, critically thinking therapists is only expected to grow. Carlow’s program curriculum includes numerous training areas for students so that they emerge with the advanced knowledge they need to be better prepared, provide safer patient care and take ethical considerations into account during their everyday practice. Respiratory therapy professionals who are bachelor’s degree prepared can rise into managerial roles and positively impact patient care in leadership positions.
- Employment of respiratory therapists is expected to grow by 21 percent between 2018 and 20281
- 27,900 new respiratory therapy roles will be added between 2018 and 20281
- Respiratory therapy professionals work in hospitals, long-term care facilities, physicians’ offices and more
To meet the demands of the myriad of existing and rising challenges across today’s medical landscape, it is essential for healthcare professionals to be fully equipped with the latest knowledge and advanced skills. Bachelor’s degrees are quickly becoming the standard in the field and are often required for respiratory therapist career advancement.
Respiratory Therapy Supervisor
Respiratory therapy supervisors manage other respiratory therapists and ensure that quality patient care is delivered through their staff. They need strong supervisory, organization and communication skills.
Director of Respiratory Therapy
Directors of respiratory therapy lead other respiratory therapists and oversee programs related to diagnostics and treatment of patients with respiratory problems or diseases. They interact with various healthcare professionals to enact policies that positively affect care.
Additional roles for Bachelor of Science in Respiratory Therapy graduates:
- Lead respiratory therapist
- Cardiopulmonary manager
- Sleep technologist
- Critical care specialist
- Emergency respiratory therapist
- Pediatric respiratory therapist
- Pulmonary function technician
- Director of outpatient diagnostics
Request More Information
We’d love to hear from you. Fill out the form, and we’ll be in touch shortly to learn more about your goals and how we can help.
All fields required
The Skills You Need to Positively Impact Respiratory Therapy
Our online respiratory therapy completion program equips you with the following skills:
- New techniques and advanced therapeutic training in mechanical ventilation strategies, interventional pulmonology techniques and strategies, communicability of diseases strategies, new pathologies and more
- New ethical considerations and training for both physical and emotional care during challenging situations in the field
- Advanced problem-solving and mitigation skills to better serve patients
- Leadership and management skills
- Budgeting and scheduling skills
- Methods to improve patient safety
- Mastery of evidence-based and research processes
- In-depth knowledge with new pathology and pharmacological considerations in respiratory medicine
Advancing your respiratory therapist career is not easy, but our team of instructors and our diverse student community is ready to help you succeed.
Carlow has strong relationships with local area hospitals and health organizations to help you secure clinical placements and future employment.
Career Planning Services
Carlow provides career advising sessions, career-related programming, job search support and employer engagement on and off campus.
With over 60 years of combined experience, our faculty in the respiratory therapy field are well connected and credentialed.
A Caring Network
Our diverse community of students embodies the values of the Sisters of Mercy. Our alumni network and current students are ready to support each other in their careers.