Pursue the Many Influential Careers with a Criminology Degree
Carlow University’s Bachelor of Arts in Criminology focuses on restorative justice and social change by providing you an invested approach to the prevention and rehabilitation of criminal behavior. This approach will serve you well as you launch your career in one of many in-demand criminology careers.
- Demand for probation officers and correctional treatment specialists will grow by 4 percent between 2019 and 2029.1
- Carlow graduates prepare to fill these roles, as well as many others, through a comprehensive psychology- and social justice-focused curriculum.
When you emerge from Carlow’s program, you’ll be prepared with the foundational knowledge necessary to succeed in a variety of careers with a criminology degree, along with the skills you need to advocate for change in the evolving criminal justice system.
Probation officers assist in the rehabilitation of offenders on probation or parole. They help determine the right course of action and provide probationers and parolees with resources and guidance.
Substance Use Counselor:
Substance use counselors run individual, family and group counseling for those struggling with chemical dependency. They often act as a mediator between the patient and outside parties.
Additional criminology careers for graduates:
- Correctional officer
- Police officer
- Jury consultant
- Juvenile probation officer
- Loss prevention officer
- Legal advocate
Request More Information
We’d love to hear from you. Fill out the form, and we’ll be in touch shortly to learn more about your goals and how we can help.
All fields required
Program Outcomes: Positively Impact the Criminal Justice System
When you complete this program, you will be able to:
- Work in criminal justice settings.
- Understand the intersection of environmental and intrinsic qualities that increase criminal behaviors and aggression.
- Apply techniques relevant to mental health assessment, competency to stand trial and environmental planning to help advocate for those affected by the criminal justice system.
- Understand how poverty affects criminal behavior and evaluate programs and initiatives that can prevent crime through early resource intervention.
- Analyze the research on dangerousness and consider how antisocial personality traits, psychopathy and impulse control issues can affect rehabilitation outcomes in those who have been incarcerated.
- Understand relevant policy decisions that have altered the history of the criminal justice system in America, as well as analyze trends over the next to 10-15 years.
- Interpret statistical data and understand the proper structures and guidelines of social science research.
Launching your criminology career is a huge step, and our team of instructors is ready to help you succeed.
Carlow has strong relationships with multiple corporations and organizations that help give you access to employer discounts as well as potential internships and employment.
Career Planning Services
Carlow provides career advising sessions, career-related programming, job search support and employer engagement on and off campus.
Our faculty are well-connected and have years of experience in the criminal justice system. They’re prepared to help you find your path and able to introduce you to others who can help.
A Caring Network
Our vibrant community of students embodies the values of the Sisters of Mercy. Our alumni network and current students are ready to support each other in their careers.